Want to replace the steel guides of your UHK? Let us show you how!
- Split your UHK.
- Remove the keycaps which cover the 16 screws that hold the 8 steel guides.
- Unscrew the 16 screws.
- Replace the 8 steel guides. (The threaded side must face upwards.)
- When screwing the screws of the new guides, make sure to screw properly! Don’t tighten the screws yet, so that the guides can adjust.
- Merge your UHK and tighten the outer 8 screws. Make sure not to overtighten the screws. A gentle force should be sufficient.
- Merge and split your UHK several times, so that the guides adjust to each other.
- Tighten the remaining 8 inner screws of the guides.
- Put back the keycaps.