The following is an official repair guide for the Ultimate Hacking Keyboard palm rest. Given that repair extends product lifespan and saves natural resources, we're dedicated to providing repair guides for our products. Please note that we do respect the two year warranty period of our products.
We have received very few reports (0.1% of palm rest purchases) saying that the lacquer layer of the palm rest degrades. According to these cases, this happens for two reasons:
- Human skin has a tendency of absorbing chemicals, and they dissipate with sweat which hurts lacquer, so if you happen to work with chemicals, chances are high it's the reason. Isopropyl alcohol (IPA) also dissolves the lacquer of the palm rest.
- Alternatively, if your sweat happens to be unusually strong and/or acidic, it may eat away lacquer over time. Environmental conditions such as humidity and heat can also contribute.
- Polish the surface with P220 sandpaper.
- Make the surface dust-free.
- Use lacquer spray that is normally used for cars, and spray the surface.